Medical tourism has gained much importance these days. This kind of medical tourism is gaining much popularity in developing countries like India. Many people are coming to this country in the hope of getting better treatment for their underlying diseases. One such health domains that have attracted a lot of people to this country is dental treatment. There are several issues related to the teeth.
What is the Root Canal?
This is an endodontic procedure in dental treatment. This treatment involves the removal of the pulp of the tooth. The pulp is the soft centre of the tooth composed of the connective tissues and blood vessels. The numerous nerve endings nourish the growing tooth. If a bacterial infection occurs at the base, the dentist needs to extract the pulp and disinfect it. Then they fill the endodontic area with a filling. This prevents further infection of the pulp. The root canal treatment cost in India varies as per the filling used.
The cost of the root canal in India begins with a low price of fewer than 30 dollars. The cost mainly depends on the type and material of the crown used. The dental crowns can vary in the material used in the crown. The crowns composed of metals along with ceramic infused in them can cost more. The cost of such metal and ceramic infused crowns can be more than 130 dollars. This can be the cost incurred on each tooth.
Cost and Precautions That Need to be Taken
- The cost of root canal seen in India is comparatively lower than that in other countries. Many aspects that are associated with a root canal are taken care of. The root canal procedure is an intricate one. However, the dentist needs to take care of other factors like extensive gum protection. One needs to make sure that no bacterial infection takes place in the pulp region post filling. The filling material should be biocompatible so that no gum infection takes place.
- The pulp is the soft tissue that comprises nerve endings and blood vessels. The filling should be placed in an exact position to prevent any nerve and blood vessel damage.
- Even after the root canal, make sure to take good care of your oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice to minimize the formation of plaque.
- If any tooth gets deeply infected, the root canal may get deeper inside the gums. This may pose difficulty for the person in chewing food. One should take regular medication as prescribed by the dentist.
- One should get a crown placed on top of the tooth with a root canal. This is applicable especially for the molar and pre-molar teeth. This will impart protection to the grinding teeth against corrosion. Going for regular teeth checkup is necessary and using floss to get rid of stuck food particles is important.
Using an alcohol-based mouth cleanser can also be helpful. This will prevent the bacterial build up in the mouth and gums and help keep the area infection-free. Get the best root canal treatment in India to have a healthy smile